Thursday, July 12, 2007

Embarressing Moments in Horde Terrortory

So Jamie’s Powerleveling Guide lead me deep once again into Horde Territory. Now I don’t mind taking the hard way. My exception now with his guide is that on PvP servers taking this route can be extremely frustrating.

While west of Rachet I encountered a 23 level Rogue, being 37. I just left him alone. For me there is no point in picking on a lower level character and making more frustrating for them to accomplish their tasks. Apparently he didn’t feel the same way. When he had an opportunity he sapped me. Then he sapped me again. Then he sapped me again. He kept sapping me until his friends arrived. Now I couldn't even attack him because apparently right now, sapping isn’t considered an attack. And apparently there is no cool down for sap. All of the paladin’s attack ‘powers’ have a cool down. The closest equivalent is Hammer of Justice which has a 1 min cool down. Although I didn’t have a chance to use it, because I couldn’t attack the rogue, but I’d bet you Hammer of Justice would have been considered an attack had the tables been turned. I even tried consecration and even that wouldn't damage him.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but under normal circumstances sap should be considered an attack on both PvE and PvP servers. My friend from Zanderfin explained to me that this is a recent bug and that yes, under normal circumstances it would be considered an attack. Can anyone confirm?

So back to my embarrassing story, now his friends were all still low level characters a 23 level mage and a 15 level hunter. I still could not fight them until they attacked me first so I ran off Northwest, heading towards Desolace. As fate would have it, I lost connection at that point. I thought to myself, “Oh No” now they’re going to get honor points for killing me and I won’t even have a chance to defend myself. Lo and behold, when I manage to get connection again, I’m dead and the horde and camping on me, spitting on my dead body of course.

Luckily my spirit form appeared not to far from where I was murdered. And I rez nearby and start swinging away. I did manage to kill them all, but apparently their spirit form appears nearby as well. They kept on rezing as soon as possible until eventually I was overcome. I still suck as a paladin. A part of me thinks I should have wasted my lay on hands on these losers, but then I remember it has a cool down time of an hour and I might need it later on.

So, since they were camping on me I didn’t want to rez and give them more honor points. So I waited until they left which was about 13 minutes. I’m still frustrated with my paladin and even more so now. I can’t help but think that a 37 level paladin with decent gear would be overcome so easily by lower level characters.

I suppose I’ll just have to remember my horde contested area survival tips and some of my PvP successes.

Any advice from anyone out there? Any words of encouragement?

Your favorite Paladin,
Adventar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this post cuz you cited my friend Zanderfin. I thought, man nobody has that name except him.

As far as getting sapped, you are hosed. Stay on your horse when enemies are near and run away Brave Sir Robin!

As far as taking on multiple low levels. Respec! If you want to spank multiple melee, go protection. It's amazing how in pvp people will stop hitting me when they realize they damage themselves.

If you want to spank spell casters, respec retribution. Eye for an eye will poke out of couple of there's.

Anyways, I'm sure you are level 70 by now, or quit playing on the pvp server. If not, good luck :)

Marvinq said...

Thanks for replying Jimbo! I drastically improved my pvp skills in battlegrounds. I actually stayed a level 49 to get some more wins in. Then I took a break for a little while. I had to accomplish other things anyhow.