Tuesday, June 12, 2007

WOW Lessons Learned During My First Deadmines Group Experience

Last night was my first group instance experience. Boy was it hard to get a group together. People would say yes then just before we do Deadmines they'd check out.

Then we have a level 52th Night Elf with a 15th level Rogue. They helped us through the mines and were just plain jerks. At least I beat one of them in a duel and made a another cool friend by the name of Redin though.

The next day I talked to my friend who runs Zanderfin. He called my group PUGs or Pick-Up Groups. PUGs are usually good and bad. You get jerks, like I did last night. You get inexperienced players (like myself) who mess up or don't know what they're doing.

I think all-in-all I learned a lot. Since we have a high level player in the mines with us I was told to just hold back. So that's what I did and guess what? I started losing attention in what was happening. One of the players died and I never resed him. He had to run all the way back! I would have had I been paying attention.

Other things I learned.

1. Pay attention and try to keep others alive. I will probably load a mod to help me with my buffs and debuffs.

2. Try to set an event ahead of time. I think next time I will try to make friends and set a time to do the instance.

3. Try to get people within your level so everyone can join in on the fun.

4. Have fun and make more friends

Your favorite Paladin,
Adventar

No comments: